The Chestatee Regional Library System will be closed Wednesday, December 24 thru Saturday, December 27 to observe the Christmas holiday.
- Dawson County Library will re-open Monday, December 29 at 10 AM.
- Lumpkin County Library will re-open Monday, December 29 at 10:30 AM.
- Chestatee Satellite will re-open Monday, December 29 at 10 AM.
How will it impact you?
- No materials will be due and no fines will be accrued. The last day to check out library items before the closure is Tuesday, December 23.
- No fines will be charged during the closure dates. Patrons will be responsible for theft, loss or damage to library materials left outside buildings.
- Access to the online catalog will be available. You will be able to search the catalog or databases, place holds on materials, or check your library record.
- Access to the Web site (www.chestateelibrary.org) will be available. However, no staff members will be working to maintain and troubleshoot problems on the site, or to provide assistance from the many phone numbers, e-mails and other staff contact points listed on the site.
- No mail will be received during the closure. The library will have the U.S. Post Office hold all mail until the library reopens.
- No book donations will be collected at library facilities during the closure. If you have book donations to make during the closure, please hold them until the libraries re-open on Monday, December 29.
Research and Information
Chestatee Regional Library System is so excited to offer 3 new on-line databases for our patrons! AND, you will be able to access these new resources through our website anywhere you have an internet connection! Click on one of the pictures to get started now.
For all you Do-It-Yourself car mechanics - you will be able to access Chilton’s car manuals on-line!
Standard features include:
- Step-by-step instructions
- Videos and animations that show how to complete repairs
- Close-up photos and images to enhance understanding of the text
- Wiring diagrams to help explain system operation
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic information to help pinpoint searches
- Maintenance and specification tables that highlight key information.
World Vital Records is one of the largest and most resourceful providers of digitized and searchable historical records anywhere! You can access records from the U.S., U.K., Europe and the rest of the world. Along with standard key collections such as the complete U.S. and U.K. census records and an enhanced Social Security Death Index, you will also find rare and exclusive collections, such as birth, marriage and death records and immigration records from Germany and other European countries. There are many historical photos and more than 1.5 billion family tree profiles.
Fold3 by Ancestry.com provides convenient on-line access to US military records, including the stories, photos, and personal documents of the men and women who have served our country. Original records help you discover and share stories about forgotten soldiers and the families that supported them. You can combine records found on the site with what you have in your own albums and shoeboxes to create an online memorial for someone who served.
Operations Specialist, non-exempt, 30 hours per week – Chestatee Regional Library System
The Operations Specialist’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to): overseeing and performing routine, preventative facilities maintenance at 3 branch libraries (Dawson and Lumpkin Counties) and coordinating other maintenance jobs with the appropriate contacts; running daily courier between branches; coordination of landscape maintenance.
Minimum Requirements - two years of college, or a high school diploma or GED with at least five years of work experience in a related field. Current driver’s license and clean driving record; proficient with office applications in a Windows environment.
Physical Requirements – Ability to: lift and carry 50 lb. loads 25 ft.; stand for 3-hr periods without sitting; carry 25 lbs. overhead to a height of 6 ft. and to bend, stoop, kneel to floor multiple times in a 3 hr. period; read 10 pt. type.
Salary range $11.16 - $16.99 per hr. depending on experience. Excellent benefits. Applications available at the Dawson County and Lumpkin County Libraries or www.chestateelibrary.org. Open until filled.
Please note – To be considered for an interview, applicant must submit:
1) cover letter
2) CRLS application
4) three professional references
CRLS applications are available at both the Dawson County and Lumpkin County Libraries and at www.chestateelibrary.org.
Submit complete package to Peggy King, Chestatee Regional Library System, 342 Allen St., Dawsonville, GA 30534 or e-mail to
. Open until filled. EOE.